The MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) on Kinetic Theory Of Gases And Radiation are:
01. The Specific Heat (Cp) of monoatomic Gases is ____ x R
02. Internal Energy (U) for Water is ___ x RT
03. Emissivity is a scalar quantity having units _________
04. In an Adiabatic Process ____ is constant
05. Adiabatic Process is a ____ process
06. The Specific Heat (Cp) of diatomic Gases is ____ x R
07. At any point on the isothermal curve, the slope is ____ than the slope of adiabatic curve
08. _________ is defined as the temperature at which all molecular motion stops.
09. Avogadro’s Number (N) has the value _______________ /mole
10. The Specific Heat (C) for solid is ____ x R
11. Name the Law: Equal volumes of all gases under similar conditions of temperature and pressure, contains equal number of molecules.
12. The Specific Heat (Cv) of polyatomic Gases is ____ x R
13. Name the Law: At constant volume, the pressure of a given mass of gas is directly proportional to its absolute temperature.
14. The average distance covered by molecules between two successive collisions is called _______
15. Universal Gas Constant (R) has the value ____________ J/mole/K
16. Name the Law: If two systems are separately in thermal equilibrium with a third system, then the two systems are in thermal equilibrium with each other.
17. The Mechanical equivalent of heat is equal to ______ J/cal
18. Name the Law: At constant pressure, the volume of a given mass of gas is directly proportional to its absolute temperature.
19. Emissive Power is a scalar quantity having units _________
20. Rate of loss of radiant energy from an ordinary body is proportional to ________ of Temperature
21. Root Mean Square Velocity is a scalar quantity having units _________
22. Name the Law: It is possible to construct an engine, operating in a cycle, which will produce no effect other than extracting heat from a reservoir and reforming an equivalent amount of work.
23. Wien’s Constant (b) has the value ______ m.K
24. ___________ is defined as the ratio of net external work done by the engine during one cycle, to the heat absorbed from the source during that cycle.
25. Name the Law: The wavelength for which emissive power of black body is maximum is inversely proportional to the temperature of the black body.
26. Name the Law: It is impossible to make heat flow from a body at a lower temperature to a body at higher temperature without doing external work on the system.
27. Boltzmann’s Constant (K) has the value ______ J/K
28. Name the Law: The heat energy supplied to a system is equal to sum of increase in the internal energy of the system and the work done by the system.
29. The Internal Energy (U) of diatomic Gases is ____ x nRT
Answers: Kinetic Theory Of Gases And Radiation MCQs
05. (d) Sudden
08. Absolute zero temperature
09. 6.023 E 23
11. Avogadro’s Law
13. Gay Lussac’s Law
14. Mean Free Path
16. Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics
18. Charles’s Law
20. Fourth Power
22. Kelvin-Planck Statement of Second Law of Thermodynamics
23. 2.898 E-03
24. Thermal Efficiency of Heat Engine
25. Wien’s Displacement Law
26. Rudolf Clausius Statement of Second Law of Thermodynamics
27. 1.38 E-23
28. First Law of Thermodynamics